The Cherokee Nation is hosting a series of seven construction recruitment events between July and September to help connect Native and non-Native businesses and contractors to an unprecedented number of tribal building projects ongoing across the 14-county reservation.
Cherokee Nation Career Services staff will also be on hand at each event to help businesses and contractors become a TERO vendor. Along with the historic housing construction projects planned across the Cherokee Nation Reservation, the tribe is also seeking contractors and businesses to help build new Head Start facilities, expand and remodel outpatient health facilities, and to work on other tribal projects.
The recruitment events will also connect participants to expert Cherokee Nation staff who can help businesses and contractors become a TERO vendor for the tribe. Though Cherokee Nation law allows both Native and non-Native-owned contractors to perform work on tribal construction projects, the Tribal Employment Rights Office – or TERO – provides Native-owned businesses a clear path to becoming TERO-certified, opening the door for these businesses to bid on and potentially be awarded tribal projects.
Participants are encouraged to bring their company information, business cards and resumes or other related documents that can be provided to event staff at various trade booths. For more information, contact Channing Rogers at 918-453-5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the Events tab at www.Facebook.com/TheCherokeeNation for more information or to RSVP. Construction recruitment events are scheduled at the following locations:
- July 27, 2-4 p.m., Cherokee Casino Tahlequah Chota Conference Center, hiring for 15 projects in Cherokee County
- Aug. 10, 2-4 p.m., Cherokee Casino Will Rogers Downs meeting room, hiring for seven projects in Rogers and Nowata Counties
- Aug. 17, 2-4 p.m., Cherokee Casino & Hotel Roland, hiring for six projects in Sequoyah and Muskogee Counties
- Aug. 24, 2-4 p.m., Cherokee Casino & Hotel West Siloam Springs meeting room, hiring for four projects in Adair County
- Aug. 31, 2-4 p.m., Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tulsa, hiring for two projects in Tulsa and Washington Counties
- Sept. 7, 2-4 p.m., The District at 3882 W. 530 in Pryor, hiring for five projects in Mayes County
- Sept. 14, 2-4 p.m., Cherokee Casino Grove meeting room, hiring for five projects in Craig and Delaware Counties