Willia C. Hunter, 94

Born March 26, 1926

Died January 21, 2021

Thelma Lucille Adcock, 90

Born May 6, 1930

Died January 20, 2021

Glenda Mae Bemo, 85

Born December 24, 1935

Died January 19, 2021

Bess Rose Yandell, 89

Born December 31, 1931

Died January 19, 2021

James T. Martin, Jr., 87

Born June 7, 1933

Died January 18, 2021

Charlotte Ann Underwood, 62

Born August 4, 1958

Died January 18, 2021


Our death notices and obits are always free to the families and funeral homes.


Monday, May 4, 2020, 9:08 AM

Muskogee Police officers shot a suspect who fired at officers first around 2 this morning, according to police spokeswoman Lynn Hamlin.

Another law enforcement source confirmed that the suspect died as a result of the gunfire.

No officers were hurt, and no further information is available at this time.

We will update when that changes.

UPDATE: A third law enforcement source said the suspect was possibly a murder suspect out of Tulsa County, but no official source has confirmed that yet.

UPDATE: The man was taken by Muskogee County EMS to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead, according to EMS spokeswoman Trish German.

UPDATE: Hamlin sent the following release just now:

On Monday, May 4, 2020 at approximately 12:24am dispatch notified officers of an anonymous tip in reference to the location of a suspect wanted for Homicide out of the Tulsa Police Department.

At approximately 1:10 am officers were able to confirm with the Tulsa Police Department that they had probable cause to arrest Demontre Bruner DOB 05/30/1998 for Homicide and Shooting with intent to kill.

At approximately 1:30am as officers were checking the locations given by an anonymous caller they observed two subjects, one matching the description of the homicide suspect, on the porch of a residence located at 13th and Fremont. Both subjects ran from that location and one subject was apprehended and the second subject who was the homicide suspect fled on foot. A perimeter was set up and a K9 track started and the suspect was tracked to the area of 11th and Fremont.

At approximately 1:52am the suspect fired at the officers with a handgun and the officers returned fire. Officers already had EMS on standby in the area. The officers made numerous attempts to establish verbal contact with the suspect to determine if he was still a threat and if he had been injured by the gunfire. Officers then made a plan and approached the suspect to place him into custody and check for injuries. Once officers took possession of the suspect’s handgun EMS was able to approach and begin rendering aid.

The suspect was then transported to a Tulsa area hospital where he was pronounced dead at approximately 4:42am.

None of the officers were injured and six have been placed on routine paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.

This is an ongoing investigation and further details will be released as they become available. The body camera video will be released later this week as well.