The 2018 Cherokee Nation Angel Project and Elder Angel Tree applications are now available at sites throughout the tribe’s 14 counties, including the W.W. Keeler Tribal Complex.
The project provides gifts for Cherokee children, 16 and younger, who live within the 14-county tribal area and meet income guidelines.
This year, the Cherokee Nation Angel Project applications are available online now and at more than 10 application sites starting Oct. 9.
To qualify for the tribe’s income guidelines, applicants must provide proof of income for all household members over the age of 18. For example, a family of three must not exceed $2,127 net income per month, and a family of four must not exceed $2,562 per month.
More than 1,900 children received gifts through the program last holiday season.
The Cherokee Nation is also accepting applications for the Elder Angel Tree at the W.W. Keeler Tribal Complex in Tahlequah and at all Cherokee Nation Human Services field offices, beginning Oct. 1.
Applications for the Cherokee Nation Elder Angel Tree must be completed with a family or elder advocate and submitted by Oct. 31 to the Cherokee Nation Human Services office at the W.W. Keeler Tribal Complex in Tahlequah or any of the field offices in the 14-county area. Applications can also be submitted at the tribe’s senior nutrition sites.
Cherokee Nation Angel Project applications will be accepted in person on the dates and times listed below for the following locations:
- Oct. 9-10: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. – W.W. Keeler Tribal Complex, Tahlequah
- Oct. 11: 2 to 6 p.m. – Westville Pubic Library, 116 N. Williams
- Oct. 11-12: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. – Cherokee Nation ICW Office, 1528 N. 166 E. Ave. Suite C in Tulsa
- Oct. 15: Noon to 6 p.m. – Cherokee Nation Housing Authority, 1003 S. Virginia Ave in Bartlesville
- Oct. 15-16: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. – Stilwell Armory Building, 421 W. Locust St.
- Oct. 16: Noon to 6 p.m. – Victory Cherokee Community Building, 1025 N. 12th St. in Collinsville
- Oct. 17: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. – Sallisaw Civic Center, 115 E. Choctaw Ave.; Noon to 6 p.m. – Cooweescoowee Health Center, 395200 W. 2900 Rd. in Ochelata
- Oct. 18: Noon to 6 p.m. – Exciting Southeast Church, 432 E. 530 Rd.; Noon to 6 p.m. – Will Rogers Health Center, 1020 Lenape Drive in Nowata
- Oct. 19: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Vinita Health Center, 27371 S. 4410 Rd.
- Oct. 22: 1 to 6 p.m. – Three Rivers Health Center, 1001 S. 41st St. East in Muskogee
- Oct. 23-24: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. – Tsalagi Community Room, behind the Restaurant of the Cherokees in Tahlequah
- Oct. 24-25: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. – Cherokee Nation Human Services Office, 1501 Industrial Park in Jay
- Oct. 25: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Cherokee Nation ICW Office, 1528 N. 166 E. Ave. Suite C in Tulsa
Applications for the 2018 Cherokee Nation Angel Tree Project can also be submitted online at https://secure.cherokee.org/angeltree. For more information, call 918-453-6900.
For information on Cherokee Nation Human Services field offices, call 918-453-5627.