Arley Leo Hinds, 90

Born March 4, 1928

Died February 14, 2019

Edith Laverne Warren, 97

Born October 31, 1921

Died February 14, 2019

June Ann Drake, 61

Born September 10, 1957

Died February 12, 2019


Our death notices and obits are always free to the families and funeral homes.


Saturday, February 16

Loureda vs Fletcher Watch Party
SBR Defensive Training
2019 Kids' Space Daddy Daughter Dance
Soulful Hangout
Estate Sale
Tyler Brant
Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike
Zumba with Kaylon
SBR Defensive Training
Oklahoma Kids!
Donut's and Doggy's
ECC Ladies Breakfast
Murder suicide house
Valentine's Dinner for Two
Oscars Celebration

Friday, September 14, 2018, 7:13 AM
Kayla Ann Jones

Kayla Ann Jones, 26, of Muskogee and Rachel Jean Stevens-Jones, 29, were both sentenced to two concurrent 20-year sentences for abusing and neglecting a five-year-old boy in their care less than a year ago.

Rachel Stevens-Jones

On Dec. 8, 2016, police were called when the boy was taken to a children’s clinic in Muskogee with horrific injuries. The child at that time was suffering from lesions on his face, and had begun to have severe seizures, and it was determined that he had several broken bones that were in various stages of the healing process, he has had two strokes during his time in the hospital, and had developed a staph infection. Investigators learned from other children in the home that the toddler was frequently kicked in the genitals by the women until he was bleeding, struck with belts head and hands, would have his eyes duct taped shut, and would be tied up with rope.

The child was beaten so severely that he had multiple broken bones in different stages of healing, but the swelling was so bad that x-rays missed several more broken bones that were revealed later. The child had been tied up, duct taped over the eyes and had been locked in a room. The child had also been hit on the hand with a hammer.

The women both pleaded no contest and Judge Mike Norman on Sept. 15, 2017 sentenced both women to two 20-year sentences each, to run concurrently.

Yesterday, Norman suspended those sentences, allowing the women to leave prison and live in Broken Arrow and Fort Gibson, respectively.

“This is disgusting,” a friend of the family said yesterday after the sentences were suspended. “They are horrible monsters who show no remorse.”

Both women were incarcerated at Mabel Bassett prison, where they were involved in church programs. Stevens-Jones was assessed to have a “moderate” risk of re-offending, while Jones was assessed to have a low risk. Jones will live with her parents in Broken Arrow and work with her father laying cable lines. Stevens-Jones will live in Fort Gibson and does not have a job lined up yet.

Here are the Department of Corrections reports on the women: